- Announced February 15, 2018 during Onslow Community Outreach (OCO) 28th Annual Meeting.
- Goal is to raise $500,000 by September 30, 2018. Asking 500 friends and supporters to donate $1,000. To pay off the mortgage at OCO’s future services center located at 1210 Hargett Street.
- Changing Lives Onslow is a community legacy project; it gives Jacksonville/Onslow community the capacity to provide charitable help and benevolent assistance to our neighbors who struggle with hunger, homeless and health issues.
- Our focus is on giving people a hand up, not a handout. We offer basic needs, benevolent encouragement support, a friendly ear to listen to concerns and support for employment, housing and self-improvement. We don't judge or condemn. We just help.
- Donations less than $1,000 are acceptable and would be sincerely appreciated.
- Donations can be made online www.onslowco.org and designated for building fund. Also, Wells Fargo Bank is establishing a special deposit account titled “Onslow Community Outreach Building Fund.” The account will be active the first of March. Contributors will be able to go to any Wells Fargo in Onslow County and make a direct deposit to OCO’s building fund.
Here are links to media coverage of the capital campaign: