Onslow Community Outreach is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to help grow a full-service free clinic in Jacksonville, North Carolina. The LPN will usually be the first medical professional to work with our patients and will be a vital member of our health care team. The successful candidate will meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Currently licensed by State of North Carolina and in good standing
- Two years’ experience in outpatient clinic managing chronic medical conditions
- Experience working independently with off-site backup
- Working knowledge of Electronic Medical Records
- Knowledge of public health issues
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Possess patience and be able to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing
- Flexibility with schedule and ability to work evenings
- Must enjoy working with volunteers
- Prefer completion of an associate degree nursing program.
Salary comparable to other non-profit health care organizations and commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include a health insurance supplement, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days.